Sunday, December 9, 2007

Gingerbread with Grandma

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is decorating Gingerbread houses with My Grandma Chambers. She is an absolute artist when it comes to home crafts: she sews, quilts, upholsters, decorates cakes, and all kinds of other things. She bakes the gingerbread houses every year--she even sands them down so they make a perfect fit. Then all the grand kids and some of her kids come decorate them. Everything she does is so precise and perfect, I am sure it is painful for her to watch our shaking hands, and imperfect results, but she is always patient and we have so much fun.

This was the first time in 4 or 5 years that I have been here in Utah to participate and as a bonus my sisters were able to come decorate their houses at the same time. We talked, laughed, and ate way more candy than ended up on our houses.

Thanks Grandma for helping us to enjoy such a fun family tradition. I am proudly displaying the finished product at my house, and so far Saylor hasn't managed to break off a single icicle!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Hi there!

I randomly found your blog because we share some of the same interests.

Based on those, I think you would be interested in my blog, about women's health and fitness.

www.asizableapple.com

It's updated every day throughout the week with tips and tricks to manage life nutritiously and healthy for the average busy woman on a budget.

Hope to see you reading on the site soon!

Thanks
- Dana

Matt said...

Wow! Nice gingerbread houses!