Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Where do they come up with this stuff?

Saylor's imagination amazes me sometimes. Whether she is pretending the crust of her bread is a snake, or that the lid to her blocks is the steering wheel of a car, nothing is as it seems at our house. She recently told me her name was "baby kitty-cat," and truth be told, she is much more obedient when I call her by that appellation. She cracked me up the other day--She had been way too quiet for way too long so I went to investigate. She managed to open the rubber tote that holds all the baby toys and stacked them inside her old baby swing. I would have to say that her mounding skills rivaled that of my grandma at a salad bar (love you grams!!!). There are probably 15 toys in this picture.She also likes to "help" me clean the house. I usually send her into the living room with a dust mop while I work furiously to finish up the kitchen floor before she gets bored. The other day she was, again, way too quite. I walk in to see her hanging from the dust mop that she had propped up against the couch. When she saw me, she smiled and said"look Mom, I'm a sloth!" What?!
I really wish I had half her energy and half her ingenuity!

2 comments:

Real Life Roberts said...

Love the blog update! Saylor is a doll. I love that she knows that the baby toys go with the baby swing...I guess it will get good use until another one comes along ;)

Ashley said...

I love these last two posts. Saylor is hilarious...I'm a sloth? Where did that come from? :) She is so creative. That's awesome!!!