Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Homemade kazoo

I recently joined a "joy school" group in our neighborhood where a few moms around here take turns hosting preschool for our kids. It is a cheap way for Saylor to have a preschool experience and 6 days out of the month I get a couple of free hours. Anyway, today was my turn and I decided that we would make homemade kazoos. Instructions are as follows:

Take a toilet paper roll, slap some wax paper on it, hold it in place with a rubber band. Enjoy hours of loud kiddie entertainment. Saylor will not put hers down. She asked to take a nap with it. I said yes and after listening to her play Old MacDonald for an hour straight I had to take it away so she would sleep. I highly recommend this musical undertaking!

3 comments:

Mama F said...

You were brave to let her take kazoo to bed. I can't even let my daughter have a snuggle bug because she plays rather then sleeps. I'll have to start a kazoo band. All three would have a blast with those. They fight over the one kazoo we do have.

Laura said...

I was not aware that we needed to make musical instruments in order to have loud children playing random "instruments" in the house! Collette will *play* anything and play it really LOUD so I think I'll pass on making the homemade kazoo this time around :)
BTW~ we often wish we lived a little closer to the Slade's. You guys are good people, with apparently a musically gifted child :0)

The Warr's said...

that's a great idea...thanks for sharing! I'm sure Josie will love a new little noise maker!