Monday, January 11, 2010

Has it Really Been Two Months?

I mean seriously--Can it have been that long since my last post? Like many of you, I have been busy trying to get through the Holidays and make it a memorable and enjoyable time for my family. We did a lot of fun things including: The Festival of Trees, lights at temple square, caroling at the lifecare center, making goodies for neighbors, reading stories, attending concerts...lots of fun stuff. We spent Christmas in AZ with Snow's family. We had a great time.




We introduced a new tradition in our family called The Elf on the Shelf. It is a book and Elf figurine that you can get online or at bookstores. The gist of it is that the elf helps Santa know who is naughty and nice by hiding in a new spot each day to keep an eye on the kids and then reporting to Santa at night. Saylor named our elf Grisby and, I am not going to lie, I got a lot of mileage out of the phrase "Grisby is watching..." It was a huge hit at our house!

0 comments: