Saturday, February 9, 2008

Ode to Skookie

My mother gave Snow and I a Christmas gift that has changed our lives. Ok--that was a little hyperbole, but it has revolutionized the way we eat dessert. May I present SKOOKIE:


While living in Tucson, we found this little Italian place that made a "pizzookie". A big cookie baked in a deep dish skillet and topped with icecream. We fell in love. Sadly, the wait for this restaurant on a weekend averaged 2-3 hours, and we were poor medical students, so we never went back. Now, joy of joys, we can make this dessert at home in our skookie skillets. I buy tubes of pilsbury cookie dough and...wait for it...brownie batter; whenever we get the itch for a treat (which is almost every night) we are ready to smoosh it in the skillet. 15 minutes later chocolate is taking all of our problems away. Seriously, you all need to go out and purchase some skookies and then thank me!!!!!

3 comments:

Real Life Roberts said...

Great tip! We are in love with Pizzukis (sp)! I think it will be my next purchases for birthday this year! My family is hooked!

Ashley said...

That's definitely a death trap. I think I'll be avoiding the skookie if I have any self-control at all... Let's be honest, I don't have much. Where do you get these things? :)

Diana said...

LOVE the pizzookie--we had ours at BJs in LA and I saw these skillets at Christmas time at Bed Bath and Beyond. I might have to go get one because I attempted to make one a few months ago in a round cake pan and it didn't work. Thanks Summer!