Saturday, February 9, 2008

Pretty Princesses

This last week I had the joy of getting to have lunch with two of my best friends from high school: Leah and Kathryn. We were sadly missing the fourth person in our quartet: Tara. We are scattered all over the place and certainly don't get to see each other as often as we would like, but we do try to keep in touch. After a delicious lunch and some girl talk I had a long drive home. I became really nostalgic and so, if you will indulge me, here are some of my favorite memories with my pretty princesses.


1. Listening to jock jams on the way to the football games in order to pump ourselves up. My personal favorite was "no limits" I belive Tara favored 'This is how we do it" .

2. Going to sunshine tournament. I don't want to hurt any feeling, but those present will recall that we were not allowed to eat after 6pm, only one person was allowed to ride shot gun, and this same person was the only one allowed to control the radio.

3. Our guy friends often liked to camp out on the weekends. We liked to go up for the evening to enjoy the s'mores and scary stories but we always came back home to sleep indoors. Once, we got the bright idea to borrow my dad's camo gear and halloween masks and sneak up on the boys. It was amazing, some squealed like little girls, some broke chairs for weapons, and some ran away. There were definately no tough guys present. Although when you take a look at this picture who can blame them? They should get points for not wetting themselves.
4. Going on A Cappella tour with Leah--so fun!!! Please no comments on my big hair!!
5. Trying to wake Kathryn up in the moring after she had slept over at my house--can you say SCARY. I would rather wake a hybernating bear. Happily for Kathryn's future hubby, she is a ray of sunshine in the morning now, thanks to serving a mission.

6. Various trips to the St. George Condo and Lake Powell. We spent a lot of time singing into spoons, shopping, and laying out--I think Tara still has scars from a bad sunburn on one of these trips.

7. Caution--this story is slightly inappropriate. The night before Prom we slept at my house and had a pamerping session. We all had face masks on and cucumbers on our eyes. Don't ask me why but I had a fake arm in my room. I got Leah and Kathryn's attention and while Tara was sitting obliviously beneath her cucumbers we had the fake arm bust a move on Tara--let's just say it got to second base. We waited, trying not to laugh, to see how she would handle thinking one of her friends was a creeper. I can still picture her peeking warily from under the cucumber slices and all of us busting a gut laughing at the relief on her face when she realized it wasn't one of us with our hand on her chest!!!
8. Sleeping out on my trampoline. Sadly we often forgot to turn off the sprinklers. Once we had a covert spying mission where we traversed the neighborhood to the house of some guys we liked. They happened to be sleeping on their tramp too. We crawled army style across the yard until we were under their tramp and spent the evening listening to them talk. That is how we first learned the D------had a crush on S-------.

Really I could go on all day, but Saylor will be waking up from her nap soon. Suffice it to say that I have great friends and great memories. Here are a few pictures of us back in the day.
Leah's mom was the photographer this photo session.I put this picture on as an inside joke--is that bad blogging etiquette?Graduation day--we are doing the "sista salute"--man we were cool. This is us sending Kathryn off to SVU for school.


P.S. Cindy, Niki called and said you have a shoot this weekend together!

4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hancock said...

Wow you guys are sure BEAUTIFUL!! I remember following you guys around like a little puppy dog! Caity and I shared a love fore TIGGER and Leah would tell me about all her boys, back then i still believed that they had cooties!! I wich I still believed that haha (:! Its so good to see the fad four back together!! I love you Summer!!

The O'Briens said...

I'm such a blog stalker, but I saw your link on Leah's page and had SO much fun reading about you 4 back in the day. You were all such great friends. How lucky that when you see each other it is like no time has passed. You all really were painfully beautiful. It gave me a complex growing up. :)

Leah said...

Sum, I love this post. It is great to read about those stories. Man they make me laugh. There are some pretty painful pictures of me! :) At the end of the post it floored me how long ago that was. Honestly it seems like ages ago.
But remind me who was shot gun all the time. I have a feeling it was me. Didn't I control the radio? In Josh's car or the jeep? I think I remember you guys being annoyed with me! Oh how funny. I'm glad I can think about that and not have my feelings hurt but rather roll my eyes at myself! :) I totally got the "no eating after 6." :)
Thanks for the post. It was great to read. Man I wish Tara was at lunch!

Tansy said...

Hey Summer! I got your link from Katie. It is so great to see the three of you together again. You have such a beautiful little girl. Jason and I have a blog too at web.mac.com/jasonandtansy