Thursday, March 6, 2008

Grandma & Naomi Visit

We were lucky enough to have Snow's mom and sister out for a visit this last week. It was so fun. Naomi just got home from serving a mission in Hong Kong so we hadn't seen here for a long time. It took Saylor a little while to warm up to our visitors, but with a bribe of a big stuffed frog and bumble bee toy she was happy to embrace our company.

Saylor was spoiled by all of the attention. She loved having a new audience to show off all of her "tricks." As you can see from her unkempt appearance, she played pretty hard with Grandma!The day before they left we took them on a tour of the Moran Eye Center where Snow is doing his residency (I know how mean are we to make Snow go back on his first weekend off in months?!)

When we got inside Saylor was so impressed. She kept saying "Wow ! it is muy big!"

She was also really excited about the roundabout that is designed like a giant eye outside this window. Who says Ophthalmalogists don't have a sense of humor?I made Snow examine my eyes and let me tell you the results weren't pretty. He told me I am barely legal to drive! He was pretty anxious to get me under the knife (or laser?!), but I told him we would have to save that for another weekend excursion.

1 comments:

Leah said...

I think I have you beat! My eyes are WAY worse than yours. Zeb's vision is perfect. So just picture him standing 500 feet away from something and me standing 20 feet away and us seeing the same thing! How sad is that? I have been legally blind, without correction, since like junior high!
I loved Saylor's "muu big" comment. Couldn't be from Dora could it? :)