Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Great Debate

Since Saylor's birth there has been a debate about who she most resembles. My family swears she is me in miniature while Snow's family says she is him made over. Personally I think she is a good mix.



lately I have realized that she is also a mix of our other characteristics.
Ways she is like Summer:

  • She is a smidgen uncoordinated. When she dances it looks painful and she trips over things all of the time--especially when she is tired. Sorry angel bug, you got that from your mom!
  • She has a real sweet tooth. Her favorite treat is chocolate, again, just like me. In fact, she does not realize that brown is a color. Instead she says things like look at the chocolate fence or I want the chocolate football. ( I swear I am not making this stuff up!)
  • She also wants to read her favorite book over and over and over. I don't know why we read it anymore because she has Moo Baa La La La memorized. I cannot tell you the number of times that I have read Pride and Prejudice. I can, however, tell you that after finishing it (again) last week that all still works out well for Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy.

Ways she is like Snow:

  • Saylor is a little OCD. She shuts any cabinet doors and drawers that are left open, and she refuses to mix her toys. If I want to torture her, I will have Dora take a ride on an elephant from Noah's Ark...MELTDOWN! Snow is also a little OCD. I am sure that is why is he has been successful in school (and why his 10-year-old church shoes are still stored in their box, and why he compulsively rubs his hands together)
  • Snow is really good with languages, he speaks Portuguese from the mission and used it to "pick up" Spanish while we lived in Tucson. Saylor is a really verbal kid who uses sign language and speaks Spanish (OK she is certainly not fluent, but she is always surprising me with a new word that she "picked up" from Dora)
  • Saylor's other favorite food is cheese, any kind, any time. No paternity test needed here--Snows favorite snack growing up was cheese and sugar melted together--mmmm delicioso.


I know I am being a little facetious here, but it really is a pleasure and a little scary to watch our daughter act a little bit more like us each day. Poor kid!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I don't see an overwhelming resemblance to either one. She seems like a mix, to me. BTW~ I almost used that blog template! It was my second choice. Nice taste :)

Than and Erica said...

So it just totally made my day when Mr. Big started blaring on my computer. Aahhhh, memories. :)

the Pearce Place said...

What a creative idea for a blog! I should copy you, so I haven't read Pride and Prejudice yet, but I did read Austenland by Shannon Hale, and I really really liked reading it- it's totally an easy read, just a fun spinoff of Jane Austen books, you should read it. I really like Shannon Hale books in general!

Jan Scarpino said...

Love your 30 reasons... Your blog is adorable! It makes my day everytime I view it. I miss you always, Its a fun way to help me feel close to you... Thank you for meaning so much to me- love you!