Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy Easter

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter. We had a really nice one. My great -grandmother passed away two days before while she was visiting from out of state. Since the real funeral would take place in Arkansas, we had our own family memorial on Easter Sunday. It was really nice. Granny was 93 and had lived a full life. It was wonderful to get to visit together and celebrate her. It really brought home the true meaning of Easter for me. I have never felt so grateful for the gift of the Saviors resurrection and atonement. The Easter Bunny did not forget Saylor. She was thrilled to find a basket of goodies hiding for her in her "house"There was also some Easter egg hunting for everyone. My parents even hid some money eggs for us adult kids. Snow was the big winner who found the $50 prize egg. I am hoping he decides to take me out to dinner with it hint hint.
My favorite part of the day was during the kid's egg hunt.Saylor was making her way towards a big pink plastic egg, when a cousin who is a year older, ran ahead of her and snagged it. She snuck up behind him and took it straight from his basket without a word. It was pretty hilarious.

12 comments:

Megan said...

Hey Summer! Great blog! Just stopped by to say hi. We need to go to lunch again soon and catch up. I know Cafe Rio is calling our names... :) Saylor is growing up so fast. She's a doll.
xoxo, Megan

Tiffany Lamb said...

It looks like you are having great weather up there...I'm jealous. we are already melting down here. Rob has opened the bike shop. He made 66.00 on his first day. Saylor is getting so big.

Tiffany

Than and Erica said...

You guys have been busy! I'm glad that Snow had a good birthday even though we couldn't celebrate with him. :( My stupid ear still isn't even healed! I'm so bugged. I'm glad that you had a little vacation--you guys deserve a little R&R. Let's get together soon.

Jan Scarpino said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jan Scarpino said...

Adorable Easter pics! That was such a fun day... I love seeing you start your own family traditions, like hiding Saylor's Easter basket. I cant wait to continue the same fun traditions that our parents did for us girls!
Snow, I still dont know how you snagged that $50 prize egg. I searched that closet high and low, but Im glad that it was you that found it..

Grandma Slade said...

Summer, you are so creative and fun!!! I love the blog! I haven't laughed so hard in a while so it was fun to read this today. Thanks!!! You three are so amazing and fun! Love you all, Mom Slade

Grandma Slade said...

Summer, you are amazing and talented!! The blog is absolutely fun and made me laugh all the way through it....and I needed that!! We love you all and thanks for coming to visit. We LOVED every minute of it!! Love, Mom Slade

Grandma Slade said...

oops, sorry about the double comment, it said the first one wouldn't go through??? oh well, it is well deserved :).

Leah said...

That is stinkin hilarious that she took the pink egg out of the basket. It just goes to show you that she won't take things from bigger kids. What a character.
Man you guys are spoiled! Eggs with money? Sweet! :)

Kelly said...

Saylor is too funny! That is awesome that she took her well deserved egg, and so sneakily too! I love it. Looks like she had a successful Easter with all those eggs in her basket!

Kelli Schwarz said...

Your little girl is so precious! How nice to be with family and do such fun things together. I saw your blog on Shelley's and thought I would say hello! It's so great to see that you are doing so well. You and Snow make such a cute couple together. Hope all is well:) Kelli Schwarz (Reid)

Kelly Ledward said...

Hi Summer! Your blog is very cute. Your daughter is beautiful! (Good Job passing on the genes!) It's fun to see you and your family! Kelly (Baadsgaard) Ledward