Saturday, May 24, 2008

Spring Update

I have to apologize for my blogging hiatus. I wish I had a good excuse for not keeping things current here, but I think I will just have to chalk it up to laziness. Our family is super excited that we have had some better weather. Saylor has turned feral--she would live outside if I threw string cheese out to her occasionally. Some of our recent favorite activities (and by our I mean Saylor's) include: 1. Coloring outside with sidewalk chalk. Saylor loves it, it is less fun for me because Saylor hogs all the good colors and insists that I draw nothing but snakes. We got some 3D Sidewalk chalk, which pretty much means you pay a lot for cool green glasses. Saylor has already worn the chalk down to nubs. 2. Yard work. This translates into me pulling weeds with a little tool while Saylor constantly asks "Can I turn, Can I turn". When she "helps" Snow outside he ends up giving her disgusting things to hold like snails and worms. I know my Mom is having a heart attack right now, but for the record, I washed her hands REALLY well afterwards. 3. Snow spent his time off for 3 weeks putting together a swing set--Seriously, what a good dad! As you can see from these pictures, Saylor couldn't be happier. She loves being cheered on while she slides. She is extremely tricky because she can slide on both her belly and her rear. Her real love is swinging. She will inform you that she wants to "go even higher" when you are pushing her. In fact, if you make the mistake of not giving her a big enough push she will say, "That's too little." and insist that you try again.

3 comments:

Jan Scarpino said...

About time sis!!! I have been missing my saylor bug- I love those pictures, I wish I lived closer so we could enjoy the warm weather together! Your yard looks beautiful.. I'm loving the flowers and I must say, I am very impressed with Snow's hard work on the swing set. It looks like a hit- I love you guys! Miss you always...

Ashley said...

Summer! It's so good to see you posting again. I was so sad that I didn't get to see you guys when Heidi was here. I love keeping up with you thru your blog though. Nice yard work and Saylor is so dang cute!

Real Life Roberts said...

Saylor is such a cutie...since I got to spend a little time with her last time I was there, I feel like I can see her personality in the pics!