Saturday, May 24, 2008

Flower Planting Party

BEFORE


My Grandma is an amazing gardener--her yard is always lush and beautiful. Sadly, this gift did not get passed on to me. Everything that Snow and I planted last Summer died. For my birthday, my grandma offered to pick out my flowers and help me plant them. I know--what an amazing gift! I was determined that these plants thrive, so I went to my local nursery and spent an obscene amount on mulch whose primary ingredients are chicken manure and bat guano--yummy. First of all, working the aforementioned mulch into my clay soil was not a job for light-weights. By the time my flower beds were weeded and mulched I was exhausted and Grandma hadn't even come with the flowers yet.



She and my mom arrived with a trunk full of beautiful blooms. It was so fun to spend the afternoon planting with them, and the results were great. I will post some more pictures as the flowers continue to fill out and spread.


AFTER

3 comments:

Sarah said...

YOur yard looks great! Can't wait to see how it grows. I love gardening too. Glad you found your blog again! I think Saylor and Kennedy would be best swinging friends. Wish you lived close.

Shelley Reid said...

Summer,
I was seriously worried that something was wrong. Glad to know that you have just been busy playing outside and working on the yard! Can your grandma come help me out?

BBB said...

Summer, I was looking at my calender and there was your name... Happy, Happy Birthday! It's been awhile, but I hope all is well. You have so many fun postings on your blog. My favorite was the pictures of you singing karaoke. I'm sure that was a classic Summer moment. I hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration this weekend! Love you!