Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pool Party

Snow had a retreat for work the end of August. I didn't want to stay at home with Saylor by myself, so we decided to go spend the weekend with my parents. It was really fun. The highlight of the weekend for Saylor was going swimming at the Provo pool. We went with my Mom, Jan, and Gabby. Saylor was really excited about the beach ball Grandma had for her to bring.

She loved swimming with Gabby and worked up a serious appetite--for candy!She waited patiently when they had to do a safety check and made everyone get out of the water. But her favorite thing about the pool were the big slides. I was hesitant to take her at first--I just knew she would hate it and be traumatized--but she LOVED it. We rode about 6 times and she threw a serious tantrum when we had to leave.Side-note story: I don't know about kids these days. While Saylor was swimming with the aforementioned beach ball, it got away from her. An older boy (maybe 6) got it and started playing with it. Gabby tried to go to the rescue and asked the kid for her friend's ball back. The kid responded by holding it above Gabby's head and laughing while she tried to grab it. I decided to intervene so I walked over to the kid and asked if I could have my daughters ball back. He gave me a dirty look and threw it in my face. What the!!! I couldn't believe a kid would be rude like that to an adult. I said really loud "you need a time out" hoping a parent would here, but they were probably too busy reading twilight to pay attention to their child.

0 comments: