Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Favorite Summer Treat




I realized that Saylor has had a sadly deprived childhood. Up until a week ago, I had neglected to introduce her to the untimate Summer treat--the Shaved Ice. First, let's get something straight...a shaved ice is NOT the same thing as a snowcone. Snowcones are made from crusty, crunchy ice, shaved ice is made from feather light shavings, and trust me, texture is everything. while shopping at The Gateway on a really hot day last week, we spied a shaved ice stand. Truthfully, I wasn't sure that Saylor would like it, so I got one for us to share. I got my flavor of choice: Tigers blood (a benign mixtue of strawberry and coconut). Saylor took one bite and claimed the cup for her own. As a bonus, the red flavoring did not even stain her clothing!

0 comments: