Thursday, July 31, 2008

My 10-year High School Reunion

My 10-yr High School Reunion was this last weekend and it was SO much fun. Two of my best friends from high school, Tara and Kathryn, spent the weekend at my house. We were sadly missing the fourth member of our quartet Leah, who couldn't make the trip out. I haven't had a girls weekend since I got married and we had the best time. It was the perfect combination of heart-to-heart talks and belly-aching laughter. We stayed up until all hours of the morning reliving our favorite memories. The day of our reunion we went shopping to put the final flourishes on our outfit for that night. I forgot how much fun it is to have a girls opinion on those kinds of things. We even shared our most prized beauty secerts (ie spanks--where have they been all my life?)We all got dressed together and Kathryn did our make-up. I have been borderline bare-faced for so long, but Kathryn gave us all SMOKEY-EYES so we were totally glam. Another of our friends, Ashlie, joined up with us so we could make an entrance together. The reunion was at the Provo Library and we had a great turn out. One of the organizers said that they were estimating that around 30% of our class came. Overall people were still very much the same. It was really fun to say see everyone and get reaquainted. I even found out that many of my old friends live near by so it will be fun to re-establish those relationships. I feel really blessed to have such wonderful friends--spending the weekend with them made me feel 16 again. Ten years later and we still got it! Thanks for making the trip pretty princesses--I had the BEST time!

8 comments:

Leah said...

It sounds like you guys had such a blast. I want Kathryn to do smokey eyes to me again. Man she is good at that. You girls all look way hot!!!
I am all for a girls trip when we are 30!!! Let's start planning now! ;)
Wish I could have been there.

Tansy said...

You guys look awesome! It is so nice to consult with girl friends because they give you a sentence of feed back not "Looks good".

Time flies by, I can't believe my 10 yr. is next year!

Jan Scarpino said...

Smokin' hot mamma's! I must say, you three look like trouble!lol.. I am so glad that you had a fun time, it is so great that after all these years you girls have remained friends.. I love you sum! The outfit was a hit- You look absolutely amazing..

Kelly said...

That would be fun to meet up with high school friends. You girls all look so cute too! As for Saylor and the shaved ice, she had her first one before me! I actually had my first shaved ice last night!! We went to Bahama Bucks and I got blue coconut with cream! It was so good. I was a little hesitant at first cuz I don't like snow cones, but you're right, they are nothing like snow cones! So good!

Shaun "Hammer Hands" Barrowes said...

Summer, it was cool seeing you and everyone else at the 10-year! Good to see things are going well for you. Keep on keepin on!

Tara said...

Summer, now we have a big problem on our hands...paparazzi now knows your permanent residence and you have Nicole and Paris to thank for that! Sorry, we will divert them when we all fly to London for our model shoot. In the meantime, keep it real by playing Barbies with Saylor and tending to the Doctor!

Mary Jane said...

Andrew and I have our ten year reunion next Saturday. Matt, Laura and Jon have done a great job planning it, although Jon swears this is the last one he's planning, I think he's officially putting Matt & Laura in charge of all future reunions. I'm glad you had a good turn out for yours and I'm hoping we will too!

Mama F said...

It was good to see you again, and catch up. Remember blasting Cecilia in your Jeep as we drove around. Good times. Sometimes wish we were sixteen again!