Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Saylor's first haircut

Am I crazy that my 3-yr-old is just now having her first haircut (I am obviously not counting the one she gave herself last fall!)?! I have been so hesitant because she has such cute waves that I was nervous would disappear once I cut it. I am also living vicariously through my child wishing I had her long flowing locks. Really it is just fine baby hair but I love it just the same. Luckily I have a secret weapon in my arsenal in that my sister is an amazing hair stylist. She consented to do the deed and she did a great job. she set Saylor on a little stool on top of her chair, wrapped her in a cool aquatic cape and bribed her with swedish fish while she got busy snipping. Saylor even let her round brush her hair (which I have since attempted twice without getting the desired outcome). In the end, and about 4 inches later, my child thought she looked so fancy she still hasn't stopped tossing her hair around. She looks very grown up which I both love and hate. Thanks Jan, for making Saylor's first trip to the salon so fun!

5 comments:

PatrickandErica said...

She's starting look so... OLD, well, at least not a toddler anymore. Saylor is going to be gorgeous -watch out!

Jan Scarpino said...

Pretty sassy! I have to steal these pics for my blog too! I hope you dont mind sum. I was honored that I was able to cut her hair for the first time! Well, I guess I should say her first
"professional haircut"!

I love you!

BBB said...

Abby has so little hair, she'll probably be five before her first haircut!

Mr. and Mrs. Hancock said...

I had no idea her hair was that long!! I love it, her new hair cut was adorable!! God job Janny!! XOXO

Mellanie Horne said...

I can't believe she looks so happy to have a haircut. It must be a girl thing. Congrats on your soon-to-be new addition. We're having a boy in July. Hurray for boys!