Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Utah Family Fun Spots

Is anyone else out there alarmed at how expensive it is to take your family anywhere these days? Well desperate times call for desperate measures and I just can't handle being cooped up indoors 7 days a week so we have been venturing out to some of Utah's family hot spots and we haven't been disappointed. The dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point was a hit with Saylor. Mostly because there is a lot of minorly-messy hands-on stuff.The Tracy Aviary was also fun, but it is all outdoors so I don't recommend going there when it is 40 degrees like we did. There were a lot of interesting birds to see and Saylor loved chasing the stray ducks and peacocks. I really like the Living Planet Aquarium as well. It is really small, but what they lack in quantity they make up for in quality. We went with my sister and her daughter Gabby--they had a great time!!
When all else fails, and you only have a buck in your pocket, I have found that you can't go wrong with an ice cream cone and playland at McDonalds!!! I would love to hear if any of you locals have local fun spots that your kiddies enjoy!

1 comments:

Jan Scarpino said...

Oh my goodness! I love her and all of that sweetness.. She is just way too cute for words!<3