Monday, February 15, 2010

Tricking the Tooth Fairy


Saylor's cousin Gabbi recently lost a tooth and Saylor was in awe when she learned from Gabs about a sneaky visitor called the tooth fairy. You may have heard of her--she is the crazy lady that trades cash for chompers. Saylor came up with an ingenious plan to trick the tooth fairy using a cotton ball. In Saylor's estimation a cotton ball looks very much like a tooth if you tie it into a small ball with some string. She thought the best way to overcome the texture issue (pillow-soft vs very hard) was to coat the ball with a little Elmer's glue and let it dry. It really is too bad that the tooth fairy doesn't reward ingenuity but sadly the fake tooth is still under the purple pumpkin pillow.

7 comments:

Ty, Whit & Bree said...

She is so smart. That is the cutest thing I have ever heard!!! I take that back, she has said alot of cute things!

Noelle said...

I am telling you.. she is going to be a great little con woman when she grows up! I hear it pays really well..

Tawni Williams said...

SHE IS HILARIOUS!!! I love this story - she is one bright little girl!!

BBB said...

Wow. That is hilarious. It's a good thing you have experience working with extra devious teenage girls. I see some more sneakiness in the future. ;)

Leah said...

I can't believe that story. I love it. She is little Miss Smarty Pants!!! I love that she thought through the whole thing. Elmers glue and all!

Mr. and Mrs. Hancock said...

How in the world does she come up with these idea's? I cannot believe how big she is getting and also how smart she is. I was laughing my head off when I heard this story!! I just love her and of course I love you!!

Jan said...

I just love your stories..and pictures...but I love you guys sooooooo much more.
Thanks for sharing the cute and very smart shennigans...lol
Gram Jan
Precious, intelligent, and oh, so FUN! Enjoy the ride..my Dear. Time is fleeting..seems like yesterday that you were Saylor's age and I was having so much fun just being grandma...Sunrise, sunset, swiftly fly the years...