Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our Very Happy Father's Day

Well, no one can say our son doesn't know how to make an entrance! Snow's sister was in town so we decided to go barbecue with them at her in-laws house. On the way there Snow was like my stomach hurts--probably because he ate 3 hot dogs after church. I thought, you know, my stomach kind of hurts to. While we were sitting there visiting with family I realized that my stomach and back were hurting every 3-5 minutes--could this be labor? Luckily one of the other family members attending the barbecue is a labor and delivery nurse and encouraged us to go to the hospital to get checked out. I really wouldn't have gone otherwise because I didn't think it was real. I hadn't had any contractions earlier and I didn't want to be one of those people who keeps getting turned away from the hospital for false alarms. When I got there and got checked at around 7:30pm the nurse was like "umm you are a 7 --you are definitely in labor!" Of course I would go into labor when my house is a disaster and my meticulously packed hospital bag was sitting at home by my bed! I will spare you all the gory details but David Sawyer was born at 11pm on June 21st. He was 8lbs 5 oz, and 20 inches long. My delivery was short and, with an excellent epidural, I would even call it sweet. The only bad part was that I am Strep B positive and because he came so fast they didn't have enough time to get me all the penicillin we needed so we had to stay in the hospital almost 3 full days, but he is healthy as can be and eats like it is going out of style! We couldn't be more grateful to have him here safe and sound! I thought you would all want to see how cute he is!
and in an effort to antagonize all of the Ute fans at the University of Utah Hospital, we couldn't resist this:

24 comments:

Than and Erica said...

He is beautiful!!! I can't wait to meet him. I'm so glad you went to the hospital. You family is so lucky to have that little guy around. Just enjoy him.

Unknown said...

awww, congrats Summer (and Snow and Saylor!) What a fun birth story. I hope you recover quickly.

Ashley said...

Oh he is so, so cute! Congratulations. It sounds like things went very smoothly. How nice! p.s. love his name!

Jan Scarpino said...

I love that little bundle of sweetness! I am dying over that cute picture of him in BYU hat, so i'm just going to steal it right off your blog and add it to mine! :) Love you guys, can't wait to see you sunday!

Tiffany Lamb said...

Congratulation!!! Miss you guys. He is a cutie.

Ty, Whit & Bree said...

Oh he is beautiful!!! But why wouldn't he be... I can't wait to see him. I'll call you before I come up. You look great Summer. I can't believe how fast you went. Lucky!!!

Sunny said...

Congratulations, he is beautiful!! Your birth experience does sound pretty sweet!! Wish I was there to come and see him in person too! :(

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! He's so handsome, cute...perfect. I wish I could come and hold him. Good luck and have fun!
Em

Mellanie Horne said...

I'm so happy for you guys! I've been checking your blog about every other day hoping to see the news. I'm glad everything went so well. You give me hope that I can have a sweet delivery too. I hope your recovery is going well!

Tara said...

Congrats, Snow and Summer! I can't wait to meet him! You look fabulous Summer!
Love,
Tara

Carlile File said...

Summer!!! Congrats to you and Snow both!! Beautiful baby...ps if we ever have a "I can have a baby faster than you once in labor race" I am going to forfeit!!!

Shelley Reid said...

Congratulations Summer and Snow! He is adorable, I am so happy for you guys. Love his name too.

Sarah said...

What a cutie! You look great too Summer. I want my story to go exactly like that...like today would be nice! Know any Sunday bbqs I can crash?

Hope recovery is great and Saylor adjusts well, what a CUTE family pic.

The Bliss Bouquet said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys. Any ideas on how we can get a boy?
Love,
The Bliss Fam

BBB said...

Congratulations!!! Not just on the babe, but on the wonderful delivery. While reading your entry, I had a flash of the stories we use to hear about horrible deliveries and how Snow wouldn't let you listen to them because it scared you so much. So hooray for a quick delivery!

The Joys of Boys said...

Congrats Summer!! He's such a cutie! I wish I could see him in person. Hope you are feeling well. Love the BYU hat!

the Pearce Place said...

SUMMER!!!
Congratulations! You guys look so great, I love the Y baby :)
I am so so so happy for you guys...

Lis said...

Congratulations guys!! He's such a darling baby! And Summer, you look FABULOUS as always!! :) We're excited for you guys!

PatrickandErica said...

Horray for the cutest little cougar! And for a quick delivery! We are so excited for your family! Hopefully we can see you in July when we're in town?

Laura said...

Congrats, guys!! How fun that we little boys right around the same time. I was shooting for Father's Day but missed the mark :) It will be fun to watch them grow up via blogs! Take care and enjoy the new family

Tawni Williams said...

Seriously no fair that you look that great after giving birth!! Congrats! He is DARLING!

Leah said...

Oh my goodness Oh my goodness. He is absolutely PRECIOUS Sum! What a perfect little boy. I am so happy for you!!!!

Melony said...

HE is adorable! I love him!! Nothing like a dirty, mischievious, precious little boy! You are in for the ride of your life... Congratulations!!

Megan said...

Congrats Summer! He is so cute. I love the Y beanie! Excellent choice! I hope you are doing well...