Friday, June 5, 2009

The Scariest Thing Ever

So I turned 29 the end of May--no that is not the reason for the title of this post. Here is a picture of us going our to dinner with my family to celebrate.

A couple of days later, on my actual birthday, I met Snow for lunch and we went to check out Red Butte Gardens.

The gardens were beautiful. They had one section that was a children's garden that was every kids dream. It was complete with:

Places to Hide

Critters to Climb

And a Spot to Get Dirty.

It also had one more thing that we didn't bargain for. (This is the "scariest thing ever" part, thank you for hanging in there). They have a tunnel shaped like a snake made out of plants growing over a wire snake shape. It is only tall enough for little kiddies to walk through and of course Saylor wanted to investigate. We waited for her at the end and as she exited the tunnel something was right behind her...a RATTLESNAKE

I wish I were kidding, but I am not. This venomous creature was right by my three-year-old. Luckily she didn't notice it until we had wisked her away to safety because she probably would have tried to pet it! Snow called the front desk and then stood as sentry while they sent a professional to come get the critter. Luckily no one was harmed, but as lovely as the gardens were, I don't know if we will be making a return visit any time soon!

4 comments:

Tawni Williams said...

I still can't believe that... CRAZINESS - Glad you had a good time and that the rattle snake didn't turn out to be a bad experience!!

Mr. and Mrs. Hancock said...

I am so glad to hear that Say was ok! That scared the living daylights out of me!! I love you! Happy Birthday! I am so lucky to call you my sister, I am so grateful that you were born!! XOXO

Leah said...

I would have died. Holy cow. I'm so glad nothing happened.
Yes, Summer. I forgot your birthday. Again. I am the worst. Maybe I should set up a pager for birthdays. We all know how bad I need something like that. 29. Phew. You're still in your 20's.
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Melony said...

Ok Summer... I would have been dead from a heart attack if I saw a snake following my baby out... As soon as you started telling the story, I knew exactly where it was going! I HATE HATE HATE snakes!!! Oh my goodness, I'm so so grateful Saylor is fine. That must have scared ya'll to death. I had heard nothing of this story...