Thursday, November 15, 2007

Fun in the Fall

We enjoyed our first Utah fall in 4 years and it was wonderful! Saylor will be two on Thanksgiving so she was at an age to appreciate all of the Harvest fun. Some of our favorite outings were: visiting the witches at Gardiner Village, going to a pumpkin patch, carving pumpkins, haunted houses, and of course trick-or-treating. I wanted to share some photos of our good times.


Saylor loved playing in the leaves. She never saw anything but cactus needles in Tucson so this was a treat. She loved having Snow pour them on top of her chanting, "gin, gin" ("again" for those of you who don't speak Saylorese). She even enjoyed helping us bag up the leaves we had raked.

I took Saylor, with a group of moms to a pumpkin patch that was really fun. They had slides, a train, a kiddie corn maze, jumping castle, and of course the pumpkin patch itself, but her favorite thing was a sandbox filled with corn. Lets just say I found stray kernels in some pretty interesting places!



We had a lot of fun carving our pumpkin. Saylor had to be in the middle of it all, of course! She thought the pumpkin guts were super disgusting. Her favorite part was putting the "lid" on and then taking it off again. We even went so far as to roast the pumpkin seeds for munching (thanks for the idea Kelly). By the way, we aren't sure when her sweet little smile turned into a big fake cheeser, but that is pretty much all we get unless we take a sneaky candid.

Saylor was a butterfly for Halloween. My mom was strolling her around the mall one day and Saylor saw iteh costume in a store and fell in love. She carried it around the house for a week and I finally had to hide it in the top of her closet so it would survive until October 31. Sadly, Saylor had a yucky cold on Halloween. She was not excited to put on her costume, and even less excited to pose for a photo shoot. We were lucky enough to have Snow home with us to go trick-or-treating, and once Saylor realized that people were giving out candy, she made an amazing recovery. She obligingly said "trick-or-treat", "thank-you", and "happy Halloween", and she was not shy to double fist the candy bowls. It was a fun night!

2 comments:

Leah said...

sum, she has grown up so much! I can't believe it! I still can't believe we never got together when I was there last summer! Honestly. Well, I am coming on January 25th with the girls so promise me we will get together!!! :)
I really miss fall right now! Don't get me wrong, I love that it isn't 30 degrees here but lets be honest, 80 in November is a little much! And there aren't any leaves!!!! I miss that so I'm glad you get to enjoy it.

Tamra said...

That is one cute butterfly! I have something in common with Saylor...candy works miracles for me also!