Thursday, November 15, 2007

Why the Silly Name?

So I have finally decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon. As I perused the blogs of my friends, I decided that a catchy title was mandatory. I spent the better part of a day thinking about it--embarrassing I know--when it finally came to me: Slushy Stories. Many of you know that Snow and I met as EFY Counselors. One week at BYU, (before we had gone on any dates, or really knew each other at all) our groups of kids noticed our names and thought they would play a little joke. We arrived at a banquet and the kids were carrying around signs that said "Snow +Summer =Slush". Yes, we both had exceptionally witty youth that week! And, more that 7 years later, we still get comments when we introduce ourselves..."Are those your real names?"..."Are you going to names your kids Rain and Spring?" Anyway, with a little alliteration, I came up with Slushy Stories. Most of you are probably thinking that I really wasted a day, but I am happy that I am lauding our beginning.

3 comments:

Leah said...

I love your title. Much catchier than fish in texas! :) I am so glad I can watch Saylor grow up now! :) And you didn't waste a day. I'm sure you weren't sitting down while Saylor was watching 17 episodes and doing nothing but thinking! :)

Leah said...

Episodes of Dora that is (I loved the Dora post!) She probably watches 1 a day! She is just intelligent and doesn't need to watch 20 in a row to pick up the stuff! :)

Tamra said...

Love the title, and that you are tech savvy. How fun for us that don't get to see y'all very often. Loved the pictures, keep them coming.