Thursday, November 15, 2007

Top 5 Ways to Tell Your Kid Watches Too Much Dora

I was never going to be one of those moms that let the TV babysit their child. I try to set reasonable limits, but most of the time it is the only way I can get a shower or cook dinner. Saylor is obsessed with Dora The Explorer. I am beginning to think she is watching too much...What do your think?

5. She names each character as they come on the screen. From anywhere in the house I hear the joyful Cry: "It's Tico, It's Issa, It's Boots, It's Swiper, It's Benny."

4. She occasionally tells me to Vamonos.

3. She does the "we did it" dance complete with swivel hips and bobbing head.

2. Whenever we drive by a particular mountain she points at it and says "Highest Hill!!"

1. She tells her toys to "Stand up please."

9 comments:

Diana said...

I'm so excited that you are on the blog now! Love the title! Love your girl--she's adorable. I can't wait for more!

Kelly said...

I am so glad you are blogging! I love your title. Too cute. I tried to come up with something witty for mine, but couldn't come up with anything! That is so cute that Saylor loves Dora. I'm trying to figure out a tv limit for Alyssa too. We've actually been pretty good about limiting it now that it's cooler outside. I'm jealous of your 4 seasons! We miss you! I'm excited that your blogging now!

Leah said...

Oh I got the biggest kick out reading that. I am so glad you started a blog! they are so easy and fun! This way I can stay in better touch!!!

Sunny said...

Yeah! I am so excited you started a blog. Now we can keep in touch better and it won't be years without knowing what's going on in eachother's lives. Enjoy that fall weather, we're still having the 80 degree heat wave. Keep posting!

Shelley Reid said...

We love Dora at our house too. The Dora animal crackers (really cookies) are Dylan's favorite. It was fun to see you guys the other night, I hope you had a great dinner, ours was delicious! Your blog and your little girl are adorable.

Than and Erica said...

I knew you'd be a blogger soon enough! Yeah! I don't know what it is, but I find is so fasinating to look at the lives of all my friends! I love it! I'll be in San Diego until the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but after that, we totally need to get together. I'll be checking your blog!

Ashley said...

Summer!Welcome to the blogging world. I'm so glad we can keep updated thru blogs now!!! Saylor is so big and SO CUTE! Let's get together with E soon.

Tamra said...

Been there, done that! Don't worry Summer, this is just the first of many fun shows Saylor will obsess about...she will still turn out wonderfully smart and normal, not to mention pick up a few Spanish words. :) Look at Kenz, she was an avid Dora fan also.

Tamra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.